Monday, November 13, 2006

My Gig List

Seeing Lucinda Williams this weekend has got me thinking about all the other amazing artists I have seen in concert. My memory has never been my strongest feature so now that I have started a blog, I thought I would try and write them all down roughly in the order I saw them with details of venue, where I can remember this. Here goes:
  • First ever gig - The Euythmics - The Lyceum in London
  • Alison Moyet or Yazoo (cant remember which or where I saw her)
  • Southern Death Cult - The Lyceum - can't remember much cos v.drunk!
  • Spear of Destiny - Hyde Park (I think)
  • The Monochrome Set - somewhere in London
  • The Meteors - Riverside Club, Surrey
  • The Pogues (I think), Riverside Club, Surrey
  • Del Amitri (Crawley & London Shepherd's Bush)
  • Deacon Blue (Brighton)
  • World Party - The Forum, London
  • Paul Weller - Brixton & Royal Albert
  • Lenny Kravitz - Brixton & Wembly Arena (Brixton was amazing)
  • The Rolling Stones - Wembly Stadium (nearly got crushed here)
  • U2 (Wembly Stadium)
  • PJ Harvey (Wembly Stadium, supporting TRS)
  • Guns & Roses (when they were good) - Milton Keynes Bowl - v.muddy / great day
  • Joan Armatrading / David Gray /
  • The Who - (Portsmouth Civic Hall & Wembly Arena)
  • Cast - can't remember where but they were pretty good
  • Lucinda Williams - 10 and 11 November included Bruce Springsteen appearance
  • The Be Good Tanyas (next week at Basingstoke)
Dream gigs would include:
  • Elvis
  • The Doors
  • Velvet Underground
  • Tom Petty (top bloke, would love to see)
  • The Smiths
  • David Bowie (during Ziggy Startdust era)
  • Blondie (just after Parallel Lines)

No comments: